Saturday, May 10, 2014

Ice ice baby

With ramblin being on May 18 which was my original weekend rotation, I swapped with a coworker. That's how I ended up working Mother's Day weekend. I missed the bike course ride this morning with my fellow TIFL triathletes. When my shift ended at 4:30, I was headed out the door with my camel back and TIFL water bottle. It's all about hydration these days.

Checked the tire pressure, put the phone in the holster, helmet on, Garmin set and I flew down my driveway. It's really an exhilarating feeling to ride out my driveway. Makes you feel like you can do anything. "I'm the queen of my driveway" I crack myself up sometimes.

I had already set a goal of 5 miles for today's ride. I needed to be done in time to get home and hit Starbucks before happy hour ended at 6. Priorities I know. If I knew what was good for me I would have not been set on that venti frappuchino. OMG that thing was delish.

Back to the lecture at hand. That's my love of old school hip hop coming out. I ventured over to spring forest road park. I did about 6 loops around. That's a new PR for me. As I was coming up on walkers and runners I would yell out the courtesy "on your left". Few folks "acted" like they couldn't hear me. When I run your ass over and keep moving don't come looking for me. J/K 😍

I've been riding since march but when I get to an incline or a hill I feel like I just started riding. Me and hills are not destined to me friends. I don't care if I'm running/walking or biking. It's just not meant to be. 

After my 6 loops, I headed out the park. To get to and from the park, you have to cross spring forest road AKA 4 lanes of busy will run you over traffic. Once again I got across without any issues. I still had under a mile to hit my 5 mile goal. I rode through my neighborhood, I passed one house that was having a cookout and OMG the smells coming from their house made me want to crash. It was the house of a guy who cut my grass awhile back who was confused and started to stalk me. 😝😝

I head back to my street. I only have about a 1/10 of a mile to go. I ride up and down until I see 5.00 on RunKeeper. Woo hoo! I made my goal. I head back to the house. 5 miles is done.


As I was chilling on the couch tonight after foam roller and tennis ball stretching, it hits me like a brick. Why don't I try icing my butt. I pop off the couch and hit the freezer and commence to ice my bum. after 10 minutes, i am painless. Then i realize why stop there, let's give my #1 problem child my lower back some ice. Lower back gets some ice love as well. ICE ICE BABY it can't get too cold.

T minus less than 8 days until Ramblin Rose. I am as ready as I will be. Wish I was about 30-50 lbs lighter. That's another struggle i will work on after next weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment