Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Getting back on the saddle

I have been on this journey for a healthy lifestyle for awhile. My biggest hurdle is getting under 300 pounds. I know what my real issue is and it is food. I have a serious addiction to SUGAR and carbs. While I've been recovering uterine fibroid surgery, I've noticed a serious habit I have of accumulating stuff. I have more diet/weight loss books, magazines and workout DVD's. I can seriously start my own library. The newest addition is the Nutri-Bullet which I am loving. I saw an infomercial for it while I was in the hospital and I was hook, line and sinker. Technology really helps you keep track. I love RunKeeper! I am a fan of MyFitnessPal, i just need to use it more often to keep up with my caloric intake. This week's goal is 3 days of walking and 2 days of water aerobics and I'm planning to try the BodyFlow class at the gym since it is a combination of yoga, tai chi and pilates. I've gone back to my roots, TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) on Tuesday evenings at Body of Christ. You have to use all resources that are available to you. Health and Wellness is an ongoing journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment