Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Renewing TOPS membership



Tuesdays at 6:30pm TOPS meets at Body of Christ Church. Last week I attended my first meeting in years. It was like a family reunion. The regular members were still there and still working on their goals. It felt great to be there. Tonight I attended the weekly meeting and I renewed my membership for the low low price of $28. Tonight's weigh-in counted as my 1st official weigh-in and it was at 339.6. I gained 2.6 pounds since last week. I'm still down from when I first joined TOPS in 2007. I'm still down from when I first started getting serious about weight loss in February 2007 when I joined Curves and tipped the scale at 367. We had a really good roundtable discussion of what our weak and strong areas are in the ongoing battle with the bulge.

We all decided to re-commit to our goals. We all plan to lose 1-2 pounds by next week. We all plan to write down our goals and post them somewhere in our homes where we can see them on a daily basis. The accountability from the group is such a helpful resource.

My own personal goals are to drink 1/2 my body weight in water or as close to as it I can get. Use MyFitnessPal to write down my food. Go from there.

I have OBX in 2 months and I need to be down so it will help with my finish time.

TOPS Helping Hand
You take my hand and I'll take yours,
and we'll start out today
for a helping hand is what we need,
to help us on our way,
the way to goal is a lonely road,
we need someone to care,
so reach out my friend and take my hand,
and then we're almost there

No comments:

Post a Comment