Thursday, March 20, 2014

Another TIFL bike ride is in the books

I haven't done any form of exercise since the 8 mile with Galloway on Saturday. That was 5 days ago. OMG I can tell it. I was in recovery mode ever since Saturday. I needed the rest. My body needed the rest. I also had some thigh chaffing that results in bruises that have been very irritating and painful. Because they are in a place that does not see air, the healing will take forever.

Let's go on to tonight's bike ride. There was 2 options for the ride. Those who wants to do 2-3.8 mile loops, those who wanted to do 1 3.8 mile loop and those who wanted to do 1.8 mile loop. I opted for the 1 3.8 mile loop. I had done the same route last week and made it. I know I need the hill training. I'm  told ramblin rose is hilly so I need all the hill training I can get in before may 18.

Every time I'm out with TIFL I see some new gadget on someone's bike. Last week it was a cool as ice iPhone bike holder. That's exactly what I need to let runkeeper run without any issue. I got a text message from amazon that mine had been delivered today. Now I need to get it mounted and take the bike for a spin.

We are off for our 1 loop. The loop is come until we get to Globe and we make a left and head down the hill. Downhill is awesome. I kept thinking about toy story 2 "ride like the wind bullseye" that's exactly what I was doing. I get scared that I'm going to fast so I am quick to hit my brakes. We make it to the dead end. You know what's next. What goes down must go back up. I make my way one pedal after another up "that hill". Karen, the TIFL mentor, who was riding with me talked to me about gears. I experimented with my gears being in 3 and using that to pedal and then going to 1 or 2 for the inclines and hills. I still get the adjustments backwards. I'm still learning.  We make our way back around back to the parking lot. Karen tells me I have the option of going out for another loop or not. I chose not. I hung out with my other TIFL chicks who were doing loops in the parking lot. That was fine with me. I have survived another TIFL bike run. According to runkeeper it was over 4 miles. 5 more miles and I will be at the ramblin rose distance. Slow and steady I'm getting ready for Ramblin. I need to knock out rock on roll next month and then I can fully concentrate on ramblin all by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment