Sunday, March 30, 2014

Last brick of March 2014 & bucket decorating

Today's TIFL training session including buckets and tutu's and swimming and run and cold winds. I opted to sleep in and get some well needed rest and skip church. I know I am being such a bad PK :-(

TIFL started at 1pm at TAC. I went shopping at AC Moore yesterday. Apparently I was taking too long because my first born called and said "Jo we are waiting on you"  I was actually walking out the door when he called. I asked my BFF was I in there that long. She said "Jo it was 15 minutes" I asked Naish AKA my 1st born "why you call me and tell me you all were waiting" Naish "Jo you were in there like 30 minutes" Kids have no patience lol

Sunday is here and as I am getting some gas i realize that i did not dress properly because it is cold as ice outside and i'm in my yoga pants and jacket and flip flops like it's warmer outside. I'm thinking i might not have brought the right running clothes for after the swim. Oh well, it's after 12:30 and I have to drive to east cary from north east raleigh. I get to TAC and ladies are there with the buckets and starting to get started. The over zelous part of me bought way too much stuff at AC moore as i am pulling it out and laying it on the table. I watch one lady use the duct tape as wallpaper on her bucket. I think that's pretty good let me do the same. Now I'm starting to get into this decorating thing. Let me not forget to shoutout to my very good friend Julie Reed who surprised with my very own roll of minion duct tape. In case you don't know I LOVE the minions. They are happy creatures. We have all gotten caught up with the decorating and realize we need to start getting ready for swimming because it's almost 2. We find out we have to take our buckets to the car. Julie and I carry our buckets to the care. We both agree that was workout #1

We head back in and change for swimming. I love to swim. Swimming in a race is totally different than what i do during the summer at the pool and the beach. We run through various drills. one of the mentors shows me proper kicking form. OMG it's like i just learned the secret to life. I moved so much faster after that. We continue on with the drills. The TIFL mentor who's name just came to me, Barb, she shows me about how the proper form of a full rotation of strokes with leaning on my side to breath. Every training is a learning experience. Then they announce that we are going to do a few laps like we would do in the race. Everyone needs to get out the pool and line up. Getting myself out of the pool is fun all by itself. I actually did much better today than the first time. Progress, progress!!

We line up based on speed. One lady told me "why are you in the back, you are fast". I keep getting told that it just cracks me up because I don't think that I am. We are off to do up and back and cross over 3 lanes for a total of 150 yards. I'm doing ok but i am working on my breathing under water and every now and then i start to freak out and start coughing. I almost think i might have had a panic attack but i get it under control and continue to the next lane. I love when you get to the end of the lane and the mentors are there giving you words of encouragement. I'm on the last lane and one of the mentors tells me "last lap" She had no idea how happy i was to hear that. I swim down for my last lap and the mentors on the other end are clapping and cheering. It was so great to hear. I felt like i just won gold at the Olympics. then we are done with swimming and changing for running. Yeah that's the fun part. Putting on dry clothes on top of wet skin. Of course I have to go potty again. I tell you i have the bladder of a kid. I am so glad i brought my other City of Oaks hat. Shoutout to Ron Wahula COO Race director for those hats.

We meet up by the picnic tables and break up into groups for the run. At this point, i'm still wet, cold and my heart has not calmed down from the transition. I opt for the walkers. We head out to the back of TAC like the bike route. My lower back is screaming back to me like i have done it wrong. I can't wait to see Dr. Jessica on Wednesday, she's my Chiropractor and she ROCKS! Slow leisurely walk with Julie and mentor Karen. We head back and see Valerie at the turn back to TAC. We literally get run over by the runners. Did they forget to say runner back? lol

I have survived another brick training. I am so tired that it doesn't make sense but i'm glad i got it. It's about T minus 10 minutes until Sunday night TV, OUAT and TWD season finale. Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment