Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First run in 3 weeks

When you haven't ran in 3 weeks, your body feels it. Technically I haven't run in about 3 weeks. Tonight was a training run with TIFL. We met at Crabtree and hit the greenway. The groups are split up with runners 3:1 intervals yeah that's not me. Then there's 2:1 internal yeah that's not me either. Then there's 1:1. 3 weeks ago I started off with them and my heart beat so fast I thought it was going to jump out my chest. There's 30:1, that's 30 seconds. That's what I'm talking about. Then 1 of my fellow TIFL members asked could they make it 15:1. That sounds like the FUN group. I'm rolling with the 15:1. Who knew 15 seconds could be so long. When that 1 minute rolls around I'm so happy I could kiss the ground. During every race or training run, my shins/always start to ache. I call this my warm up time. I used to wear compression sleeves because I would get real bad shin splints. During OBX, those things rolled down to my ankles during the race. So I don't wear them anymore. I probably should just buy another pair. I'll add it to Jo's TIFL grocery list.

I would like to give a special shoutout to 1 of my fav TIFL mentors Sharon who lead us in a chant that I love: What are we? Triathletes What do we do? Finish Strong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment