Sunday, March 9, 2014

TIFL bike clinic & ride March 9, 2014

Today was another brick training with TIFL. I opted out of the swim. Due to ....
I made it for the bike clinic by Performance Bike. They have a store near the house. Who knew? The 2 guys went through all kids of bike maintenance tips and stuff. Most of it went right over my head. I will have to YouTube it when I need it. I do know I need a bike pump, bag for the bike to hold my car keys and a small toolkit STAT. Downside to the clinic for me, is standing for 45 minutes which made my feet hurt and my backside started getting a nice suntan. One of the clinic guys was able to adjust my gears which apparently got out whack last week and was making some weird sound.

Then we were off to the ride. To get to the meetup spot, I had to get back up to the top of the parking lot. I made it up the hill, woo hoo. We headed out on the same route from last week. The loop was 1.98 according to RunKeeper. I'm still figuring out my gears. I keep hitting the up instead of down. I will get this together soon. Practice makes perfect. Since I had my gears straight I was ready for the hills baby, you still have to pedal your arse off. Downhill is still my FAV. I made it up all the hills without walking, progress baby. I even biked up the hill back to TAC. Yep that was me. Each week it gets better. I'm discovering I love cycling maybe even more than running 😍😍😍

No comments:

Post a Comment