Thursday, March 13, 2014

The coldest bike ride EVER

The temperate was in the 40s I believe. I had on a total of 4 layers. My top half was fine. It was my lower half that was ice ice cold. Even with the cycling gloves, my hands were cold as ice. This was my first bike ride with TIFL in brier creek. The ride started off great leaving the neighborhood and then we went up a slight incline. We hit globe and go down a hill. Did I mention I love downhill. What goes down must come up. O-M-G going back up that hill was the hardest part of the entire ride. The TIFL mentor whose name I do not remember at this time said to me "You've done a half marathon right so you can make up this hill with no problem" I shall not say what I was thinking. Lord have mercy I made it up that hill and I swear I breathed the hardest I have ever done in my entire life.

To think there was a mention of doing 1-3 laps of the route. I knew when we started and it was announced the route was 3.6 miles that I was only doing 1 loop. Yes I finished the entire route and survived. I even road around the parking lot one good time and then my tummy said "time to eat" and I wrapped it up.

Each training session is different. I just can't wait for spring when the weather will much more enjoyable.

Did I mention that I love cycling and I have fallen out of love with running. I'm already signed up for Rock 'N Roll next month. The bling looks so cool.

Galloway run on Saturday, 8 miles. Why do I get nervous like a first date when Galloway runs are coming up. When a bike ride is on the calendar, I'm all in. Go figure 😍😍😍

2 comments:

  1. Way to push through, Johanna! Remember to keep everything in perspective! Your runs are at 8 miles? Your bike is at 3.6. Assuming you're going to attempt a half-iron distance race, your run will be 13.1 ... but your bike will be 56. You've been running longer, and your biking is new. Enjoy it! Embrace it! Running can take a back burner because you've already established a base. In triathlon, the best thing about loving the bike is ...? It's where you stand to make up the most time ... so go for it, girl! It all balances out! ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sprint triathlon. Half iron, bless your heart. 8 miles on Saturday is to get ready for a half next month. Thank you very much

      Delete