Thursday, April 3, 2014

1st Real spring bike ride plus a little transition

I love Thursdays. I always have. Thursday = Friday eve woo hoo!! Thursdays used to Ugly, Grey and Lost on ABC. TV Addict party of 1. Now Thursdays mean it is TIFL bike ride, my fav sport of triathlon. Apparently I did not eat alot today because i am starving when i leave work at 4:30. When I make my weekly stop at Chick-fil-A Brier Creek to make my wardrobe change, i order a full combo and completely inhale it in like 3 minutes. Can you say HUNGRY???

I'm chilling at our meetup spot. I normally am not alone but I am. Don't worry, the cashpoints ATM is getting more action that a lady of the night working her corner. A little after 6, i see a fellow TIFL athlete is pulling into the parking lot. I get my bike prepped and ready for wheels down at 6:30. I'm getting more handy with loading and unloading my bike and checking the tire pressure.

Martha our TIFL mentor bike lead announces that after we ride our 4.8 mile loop. We will come back and run or walk a few laps around the parking lot. If you want you can do a 2nd 4.8 mile loop. You want to guess what i did. If you guessed laps around the parking lot, you would be correct.


I've been riding my bike for awhile now but the next ride the sore spots from the last ride wake up and yell out "We're back" I packed my compression shorts and not the padded bike shorts. Sunday I will pack the padded bike shorts :-)

Last week, i was told to lead my body down as i go downhill. I did that again as we are going downhill on Globe. I was flying. Lenny Kravitz was singing beside me "i want to get away, i want to fly away" What goes down must go back up. I pedal one peal at a time back up the hill. I refuse to walk up that hill. I REPEAT i refuse. Hill training is good. that's what i keep telling myself. 4.8 mile loop is done. I dropped my bike by the Max and i walked around the parking lot for 2 laps. Initially once i started walking my legs felt wobbly but then they warmed up and i was good to go. Another bike ride is in the books along with a transition to a walk.

T minus 10 days until Rock 'N Roll. Lord give me energy and motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment