Thursday, April 24, 2014

First bike ride on the course route with a sore bum

Thursday is TIFL bike ride. We are now riding on the course route. I've been near the course only one time on my way to finding Zaxby's. I let Siri guide me but I disagreed with one turn and man oh man was that a mistake. Next thing you know I'm im some neighborhood and then I'm on baileywick and lo and behold there is the bark. Woo hoo I have found my destination.

Baileywick park is nestled I'm north Raleigh. I've been here since 98 and never heard of. Then again there are probably a dozen other parks in wake county that I don't know about.

TIFL turned out in huge numbers tonight. We looked so good riding out out the parking lot. I love it!!!

Everyone is giving me additional tips on my bum soreness. More time on the bike, adjust my seat, padded bike shorts(have them and no difference) and bike seat cover.

We have 3 options tonight, 6 miles, 7.5 miles and 8 miles. I'm an overachiever and competitor deep down so I opt for the 8 mile group.

We are off on our journey tonight. Bum is aching the whole time. There are an extreme amount of potholes on this side of time. Seriously city of Raleigh what's the deal?? We hit the famous hill on Carrington. I've been told about this hill for awhile and I was told it is called "the bitch" OMG I now know why. I was attempting to ride up it and somehow lost my balance and ended up walking it along with a few of my fellow TIFL athletes. Shoutout to TIFL mentor Connie and Sharon tonight. They were my rock, cheerleaders and motivational coaches. Someone told me "there is no shame in walking your bike up the hill". They were absolutely right. We ride and ride and ride. TIFL mentor Martha gave me great advice that we go downhill I should peddle to build up momentum to get up the hill faster. Boy oh boy did that work on a few of the hills. On our journey back we turn back onto Carrington. Downhill here we go and then I try to make it back up but I just doesn't have anything left in the tank. We walk the bike. No shame in my game. None at all. We are almost back at the park, cross the bridge and we yell out "Hey 540" them we met up with out TIFL folks about ready to cross baileywick back to the park. I'm so excited because I know my car is eagerly waiting on me. I have made the wrong wardrobe choice in undergarments and I'm chafing like no business, my feet are aching(still don't know why that happens) and my bum is ready to disown me. Through all that I realize I DID it, 7.45 miles. Less than 2 more miles and that's the course baby. Mock Tri bring it on!!

As I'm writing this blog post, I'm thinking that I may be canceling on some scheduled events on my schedule. I need some serious recovery time before Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment