Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools TIFL run

I almost forgot it was April fools day until tonight's TIFL run. We met at 6:30pm on Tuesdays at the crabtree creek trail near the bridge. As we gather together and break into our pace groups, our fearless TIFL Raleigh Chapter President talks about having a strong core. She said a strong core is needed for the sport of triathlon. Tonight after we do 3 intervals of run/walk, we would drop and give her 10 pushups. Right then and there I was thinking about Cartman in Southpark "screw you guys i'm going home" OMG i love me some cartman. I even have a stuffed cartman thanks to an ex-boyfriend. Then Trish says "April fools" The BEST april fools prank ever.If you could have seen the expressions on the faces of myself and my fellow athletes. Where was Helen Bac when you need her to record this moment. It was priceless. I'm still getting a kick out of it hours later. Shoutout to Trish Crabtree, best April fools joke!!

I go out with the 1:1 intervals. I already know I will probably make it through 1-2 intervals. Running for 1 minute just doesn't work me. I felt so sluggish today. I don't if it was the pepper steak from New China that i completely devoured for lunch like i hadn't eaten in weeks. Or is that i feel like a stuffed ham on Easter Sunday when I run. Who knows. After interval 2, my lower back, my nenemsis starts to talk to me and not in a good way. Thank goodness I have an appointment with Dr. Jessica, the BEST chiropractor in the Capital City. She works at Active Chirorpactic on St. Mary's Street. Yes this is a plug. Please tell them I sent you. I have no idea if there is a referral bonus involved :-) My other nemesis started talking my shins, calf muscles. I'm wishing i had packed my calf sleeves. Last time i wore them them started sliding down to my ankles, truly not a good look. I need to put them back into the rotation or bring for a new pair. For the rest of the duration, TIFL mentor Len and I just take it nice and slow. We chit chat about everything from movies which if you know me is my FAV thing to talk about to corporate america and the weather. Hallejuah we are turning around. A few of the other groups have passed us and waiting for us near the bridge. Len says to me "You want to finish strong and pass them" I'm thinking to myself "are you kidding me" Deep down inside there is a competitive chick who shows up every now and then. So you know what I did I took off I mean I really took off. If only I could keep that run forrest run pace every time I might be on to a new PR. RunKeeper definitely got confused because according to it, i ran a 14 minute pace. That's just kra kra. I haven't even check to see what the Garmin said. It will probably have the real pace on it lol

What are we?Triathletes
What do we do?Finish strong

After the run, it's my FAV part the social. We head to our tuesday night hangout, Panera. There must be a connection between athletes and Panera. 2nd time this week i've been there with fellow athletes.
I do this, Panera makes the bomb food and it's not cheap but this salad right there was delish

No comments:

Post a Comment